Beaches Scotts Head
500km north of Sydney, Turn into Scotts Head 3km south of Macksville or take Tourist Drive from Eungai through Stuarts Point and Grassy Head .This award winning beach is 12km off the highway .
Main (Forster) Beach, Scotts Head –Patrolled summer weekends and holidays
This ‘north facing’, crescent shaped beach is possibly the best “family beach” on the North Coast – the gradual slope of the seabed allows even tiny tots to play in the surf.
- Ramp access to beach
- The sand is ‘squeaky’ clean – perfect for building sandcastles.
- World champion surfers have learnt to ride the waves here – take lessons with Scotts Head Surf School
- The point is a favourite spot for the malibu’s, wave-skiers and beginners. Conditions are best in the winter months but still popular in summer.
- Viewing platform and lookout on surf club Headland is ideal spot to view dolphins, whales and sea birds.
- Caravan park & recreation reserve provides excellent facilities for both long term and day visitors.
- Covered, free gas BBQ and picnic facilities; well equipped children’s playground; interesting mosaic art.
- Parking in Recreation Reserve and near surf club-inc disabled and boat/van parking
- Beach, rock and estuary fishing (Warrell Creek) and boat ramp for deep sea fishing trips.
- Bowling and recreation club and tennis, basketball and netball courts
- Range of holiday accommodation
- Supermarket, cafes and specialty stores close by
- Surf ski, wind surfing and jet boating
- Walking tracks over headlands and along beach
- The energetic or those seeking solitude should walk northwards along the beach
- Scotts Head is the most southerly East Coast landing of the boat people
- Yarriabini National Park and Yarrahapinni Mountain Lookout only a short drive away.
Little Beach, Scotts Head – NOT Patrolled
Path from the surf clubhouse or park in Ocean st (opposite PO)
- All facilities of Recreation Reserves are available
- Swimming not recommended
- Ideal place for a picnic or beach games
- Good waves when the swell is big-steep and powerful, making it a dangerous break for inexperienced surfers.– take lessons with Scotts Head Surf School
- Perfect place to watch the sun rise
- Superb Ocean views from Elephant Head
- Motel, units and holiday homes overlook this beach
- Beach and rock fishing
Wakki Beach, Scotts Head
is the most southern beach &suitable only for experienced surfers.
Click here for accommodation close to or in Scotts Head
Trivia Night at Nambucca Heads Bowling Club
Tuesday 27 June
Trivia and Raffles night every Tuesday at the Nambucca Heads Bowling Club f...
River Cruise with Devonshire Morning Tea on the Nambucca River 9:30 am-11:30 am
Wednesday 28 June
Every Wednesday Morning Tea Cruise – 9:30 am to 11:30 am. A fabulous 2 ho...
Latin & Salsa Dance Classes at Nambucca RSL
see below for details
Every Wednesday 6:30pm Salsa Beginner and Improver Class $15pp 7:30pm Salsa...
Raffles at the Nambucca Heads Island Golf Club from 6:30 PM
Wednesday 28 June
Bingo at Nambucca heads Island Golf Club from 11:00 am
Thursday 29 June
Check today's weather
Mon 26th max: min: